Metropolitan Golf Links is an at-will, equal employment opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Metropolitan Golf Links
10051 Doolittle Dr., Oakland, CA 94603
Job Title: Golf Course Mechanic
apply online at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4749131
- Minimum two (2) years general mechanic experience.- High School diploma preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical skill using a wide variety of equipment repair tools.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to work as a team
- Automotive apparatus and repair
- Light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment.
- Internal combustion engines, electronics and hydraulics
- Golf course mowers and equipment.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical defects of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Perform general overhaul of motors.
- Repair transmission, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering systems, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, and high-pressure pumps and valves.
- Install and adjust brakes; install batteries, tires, wiring, and glass.
- Diagnose mechanical trouble and schedule appropriate preventive maintenance work.
- Perform preventive maintenance work including but not limited to oils and filters replacement and greasing of equipment
- Machine and weld equipment.
- Grind and sharpen mower blades.
- Instruct equipment operators in the safe, efficient operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Repair other departmental buildings and equipment as needed.
- Perform Golf Course maintenance tasks as necessary
- Salary Range 16.50 hr.
Benefits: Flexible spending account, accumulating compensated days, 401k, driving range and golf privileges. Metropolitan Golf Links is a CourseCo, Inc. managed facility. CourseCo, Inc and its affiliates are At-Will, Equal Employment Opportunity Employers and Drug Free Workplaces. Successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen and provide a valid matching social security number that will be verified online.
Golf Shop Assistant – PART TIME - Metropolitan Golf Links
DEPARTMENT: Golf Operations
REPORTS TO: Golf Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt without supervisory responsibility (flexible work hours)
COMPENSATION: $13.45 per hour
SUMMARY/PURPOSE: The Golf Shop Assistant provides support to the Golf Operations department. This position is responsible for aiding the Golf Professionals to manage the Golf Shop, golf customer service, and Course programs. This position assists the Golf Professionals in the successful growth and operations of the company.
Promote Financial Stability: Promote and sell golf shop merchandise; maintain appropriate “cost-of-goods-sold” percentage. Assist Golf Professionals to execute all tournament activities.
Foster Teamwork and Cohesiveness: Direct Cart and Range Attendants, Course Guides, and Marshals. Attend departmental meetings as required.
Ensure Company and Regulatory Compliance: Open and close Golf Shop in accordance with accepted policies and procedures. Utilize the point-of-sale (POS) register system to schedule golf tee times, register guests for play, and perform financial transactions. Administer the continuous use of an effective pace of play program.
Build Positive Relationships with the Community: Provide courteous customer service to guests at all times. Assist golfers who wish to join the Northern California Golf Association (NCGA) through the company home club membership. Represent the company with a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum two (2) years experience working in Golf Operations or retail environment. Knowledge of golf. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Word and Excel.
This job summary provides a summary of the primary components of this job and does not provide an expressed or implied contract for employment. Management may, in its sole discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Any revisions, deletions, or additions must be in writing and signed by the General Manager. The company operates seven days per week, with flexible hours each day. Be aware that business demands may make it necessary to change my accustomed shift and that the number of my scheduled hours may fluctuate with business levels.
Metropolitan Golf Links, CourseCo, Inc and its affiliates are At-Will, Equal Employment Opportunity Employers and Drug Free Workplaces. Successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen and provide a valid matching social security number that will be verified online.
Applications are accepted online only at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5042811