Ten Reasons to Golf
- Conditioning—Especially Our Great Greens. Being a modern course, we have clearly superior drainage. After a heavy winter rain, the Metropolitan Golf Links is usually ready for play—while other courses remain muddy. We have pure Bentgrass greens with NO Poa Annua. This means consistent conditioning and green speeds—hit a good putt and you get a good result.
- Outings Made Easy. In just three years, hundreds of church, non-profit, scholastic, and corporate groups have benefited from holding a golf outing or charity tournament at The Metropolitan Golf Links. Why? We take care of everything and customize each event to meet the precise needs and goals of the group.
- Design of the Course—Fun for All Levels of Golfer. We're proud that one of the greatest golfers of all time, Johnny Miller, designed The Metropolitan Golf Links along with his team of golf course architects. The course is 'American Links' on gently undulating land. High handicappers will get around the course without getting beaten up. Mid handicappers find that it's fun. And the better golfer can go to the back tees at over 7,100 yards and get all the golf he (or she) could want. The National Golf Course Owner's Association certified The Metropolitan Golf Links as Beginner Friendly and Women Friendly!
- Service and Convenience—Making a Great Course Even Better. Everyone at The Metropolitan Golf Links is here to make sure that you have everything you need for a great round, practice session, or lesson. And getting to The Metropolitan Golf Links is easy: we're right next to Oakland International Airport.
- Walk All Day. The Metropolitan Golf Links is easy to walk and encourages walking. So if you enjoy one of the great traditions of the game, you'll love The Metropolitan Golf Links. But if you want to ride, that's fine too. We'll make sure that your cart is clean and ready to go when you arrive.
- Affordable Fees. Great greens, great value and great twilight and super twilight rates. Sign up here to receive special offers by email
- Perfect for Juniors, Ladies, and Beginners. With (mostly) wide fairways and large greens, The Metropolitan Golf Links is a wonderful course for young golfers, ladies, and total beginners. And we have lesson programs specifically tailored for these golfers.
- The Golf Shop—Save Money on Top Equipment. Even in the ultra-competitive Bay Area, The Metropolitan Golf Links golf shop has earned a reputation for excellent pricing, fitting, and repairs. Plus you can test equipment on the range and we have frequent demo days.
- Practice Facility—Hit Balls on Real Grass! That's right...The Metropolitan Golf Links boasts the only range in the East Bay area where you don't have to use a mat. That's because we maintain a real grass hitting area.
- Improvement with Lessons. The Metropolitan Golf Links has one of the finest teaching staffs in the East Bay. The teaching facility is first rate and the rates are sensible so book early as the lesson books fill up quickly.
Come see for The Metropolitan Golf Links for yourself. Book at tee time by clicking here, call (510) 569-5555, or just stop by.